Sunday, May 21, 2017

Planting some Plum Trees! February 2017

Passing the local nursery this morning I noticed some pretty fruit trees in blossom.  So I pulled over and paid for two plum trees.  I remember being young and visiting my Aunt Connie's home.  They had a black Cocker Spaniel named Nibbs who I adored and they had a plum tree that was in fruit.  Those plums were so delicious and their home seemed like a fairy tale, so green and alive outside with pretty flower gardens, grass, and trees.  I've always wanted a Plum tree since that day. 

My yard is not green right now.  I passed up on buying the young trees that already had blossoms and went instead for two bare plants, with the hopes they will wake up and blossom soon.  My passed research told me that bare root trees do better in transplant.  Well- we shall see.

Planting trees is a great family activity.  I can't wait to see them all green and big. 






No comments:

Post a Comment