Friday, May 26, 2017

Baby Geese! May 2017

When I was younger I bought myself a couple of ducks from the feed store.  They grew up to be two mallard ducks with green heads and wonderful personalities. 

I've wanted my girls to have such an experience.  However we do not have a pond, and I feel bad about raising ducks without a large water source for them to enjoy.

Well, today we went to the feed store to pick up some turkeys.  Sadly, the turkey polts were all sold out but they did have a few geese! 

Now I've never raised geese before and I've heard how adult geese are pretty mean, but hey- we will never be able to say if that is true or not until we try it ourselves. 

So here are our new goslings!  The girls named them Penny and Pinto. 
We don't know the gender yet, so we may adjust names latter.  :) 

        




No comments:

Post a Comment