Sunday, May 21, 2017

Hickory is Here! Our New Baby Billy- March 2017

Hickory Nut came to be with us this month as a replacement for Gold Nugget.  He is cute as can be and HEALTHY!  He bounces all over the place, like a good kid should and is getting along just fine.

He makes a wonderful addition to our little herd.  His colors are unlike our other goats so he stands out.  Sadly he does not have blue eyes and is not naturally polled and that is disappointing, especially since that is the main reason I bought Nugget.  In fact when Pat told me he was born, at first I asked to wait for a boy with at least one of the desired traits.  Yet Pat had mostly all does, which makes me happy for her.  I later learned she did have some boys with the desired traits but wasn't willing to offer them to us.  I think she was hoping to sell them at a high price to someone else.


Yet I'm very pleased with Hickory now that he is here.  He was a tiny bit timid at first with my girls because he didn't know what a child was, but with some extra attention (and treats) he is now as tame as a puppy and will follow the girls around eagerly.  When I leave the house he is the first to bleat at me and let me know he sees me and is waiting impatiently for some petting.    I'm very happy with him and he is truly adorable!

Meeting Blossom through the wire.



 


Even my own kids like the new goat toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment