Friday, May 18, 2018

April 2018: Ivori's Kids Find a New Home





My girls named the two white bucklings Target and Ozzy.  They are white and adorable and SO BIG compared to the Nigerian Dwarf kids we are use to.  Ivori, their mom, is an Alpine Saanen mix, and we bought her bred so these kids are from a large goat buck as well.  
  We kept these boys for just one week.  Once again I wanted to keep them longer just to enjoy them, but babies sell so well I just didn't dare keep them longer for fear of missing out on a sale. Plus if they accidently bred with any of my Nigerian Dwarf girls it would be life-threatening for the doe!  Little Arrow was bucky at just one week old!  I didn't want to risk it with these boys. 

 Both boys went together and the family that picked them up was so excited!  They will be good weed eaters and pets (both wethers) to two little children and their parents.  The mother kept snuggling the baby buck I put in her arms and calling him hers.  I was pleased he was going to a nice home.

I will miss them!  I wish one was a doe so I could have kept her longer.
 
 


 
Llama Goat! 



Here the little bucks are following their mom around the yard looking for the best grass and weeds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment