Thursday, May 17, 2018

April 2018 Ivori has Twins!!

 What does Baseball and Birthing Baby Goats have in common?  Well we were on our way to my daughters baseball practice when I called my goats from my house to make sure Ivori wasn't having her kids.  Usually I call and all the goats come out of the goat shed and call back to me.  But on this day, Ivori didn't make an appearance.  I called again.  No Ivori. 

My girls were already in the car waiting to leave but I had to check on Ivori, so I dashed out to see where she was.  She was in the barn, the bubble of the first kid sticking out but not yet born! 

I called my girls out of the van, and they came running.  All three were present as Ivori dropped her sweet bucklings.   The girls helped clean them off and both had no complications and stood immediately to greet momma and get their first milk. 

Because they were doing so well we loaded in the car to catch the rest of the practice- only to get there and realize we didn't think this through very well.  We were covered in birth and smelled of it too.  Ha ha!  Try cleaning that off with baby wipes! 










No comments:

Post a Comment