Saturday, March 12, 2016

Starting a little garden...

My garden is going to be interesting this year.  Maybe not good, and maybe not bad.  To help prevent critter theft, my husband put up a small wire fence that should keep out most bunnies and turtles, but it won't keep our squirrels and birds away.  Right now we have 3 garden boxes and one garden "Hill."  I hope to plant strawberries on the hill and then squash, pumpkin or melon later in the season.

We planted our beets, spinach and peas a bit late, but they have sprouted and hopefully will thrive and produce before the summer heat hits.  My 6 year old and 4 year old girls were big helpers and my one year old had fun stirring up the already planted seeds in one bed after we had moved on to the next.  So I don't know what will grow where, but hey- we are having fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment