Thursday, November 2, 2017

Growing Turkeys and my Geese get a Pool! October 2017




My Turkeys continue to grow and are such even tempered birds.  They follow us around and the big Toms strut for their ladies.  I didn't know about the temperament of turkeys before buying them.  They've turned out to be very mellow- especially compared to our geese.

 




A Swimming Pool for my Geese!

I bought a pool for my children and gave it to the geese when the temperature turned cooler.  My geese think it is the best thing ever.  They splashed and dived and honked with pleasure.  The water stayed clean and clear for nearly 10 seconds after they jumped in!  Still, it was fun to watch them enjoy it.




This Turkey Hen tried to get a drink of water while the female goose was standing close by and got some feathers ripped out.  The goose was pretty protective of her new pond.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment